Buchanan & Edwards places great importance on community outreach and assistance. We are committed to working to improve communities and the lives of citizens across the nation through our technology expertise, resources, and involvement. We invest in and aid many organizations to help them achieve their missions and to support them in making a positive impact in our local community.
At BE, our community involvement goes beyond just monetary support. A People Focus is one of our Core Values and is instilled in the character of each BE employees. Employees across the company dedicate their time and talents to supporting these causes as well as many of their own.
Below is a list of some of the honorable charities that BE supports:
- The Diplomatic Security Foundation – A non-profit organization dedicated to providing financial support to members and immediate family of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Diplomatic Security Service.
- Relay For Life of Arlington – An annual event uniting the community to raise cancer awareness, honor cancer survivors, and raise money for the American Cancer Society.
- Make-A-Wish – The Adopt-A-Wish program by the Make-A-Wish Foundation allows businesses to fundraise to directly and substantially impact the life of a child in the Make-A-Wish program.
- Teardrops to Rainbows – A Virginia-based charity providing support services, financial assistance, and lifestyle improvements to local area children with cancer and their families
- The Cynthia Earley Educational Foundation – Offering educational scholarships awarded every summer at the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim (GCBS) just outside of Annapolis, MD to participants fundraising the most towards GCBS-supported charities, such as the March of Dimes
- Luke C. Moore Academy – A magnet alternative high school providing a competent and compassionate secondary education experience for young people ages 16-20 who have dropped out of school or had difficulties in the traditional setting.
- George Mason High School – BE provides assistance to the George Mason High School robotics team as they compete in the annual Chesapeake Regional FIRST Robotics Competition.
- The Center for Alexandria’s Children – Protecting Alexandria’s children by coordinating the investigation, prosecution, treatment, and prevention of child abuse all in one unique facility.