Mission Invoice Processing SystemBE developed an automated invoice processing solution for the U.S. Embassy in Pretoria, South Africa, that streamlines the invoice approval process, improves management visibility and reporting, and minimizes the risk of lost invoices and late payments.
MISSION SYSTEMS | SOFTWARE ENGINEERING | FOREIGN AFFAIRS
The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria, South Africa, Regional Financial Management Office is responsible for processing an average of 5,000 paper invoices each month and managing thousands of vendors. This time consuming, manual process lacked a robust method for tracking invoice status, made it difficult to measure and report year on year performance and was not fully compliant with the Prompt Payment Act. In addition, the large user base caused frequent scalability and performance issues in the existing system.
BE delivered strategic design, process transition, knowledge transfer/training, and continual service improvements in developing the Mission Invoice Processing System (MIPS) for the embassy. MIPS is a web application that automates and streamlines the invoice approval process for over 57 U.S. Government agencies within South Africa. The .NET web application includes a SharePoint integration, and was developed, tested and staged in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Reduced invoice processing time to 30 days or less
- Maximizes monthly processing volume
- Minimizes risk of invoices getting lost in paper shuffle and being penalized for late payments
- Managed on-site electronic storage system with backup and recovery
- Management visibility by utilizing electronic monitoring, management dashboards, and mission impact reporting