HR Time and Attendance SystemBE created a time entry system with automated approval workflows for the Department of State, Bureau of Overseas Building Operations (OBO), improving compliance with Department mandated time-keeping requirements, simplifying the approval process, and reducing printing expenses and paper consumption.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING | COLLABORATION & SOCIAL ENTERPRISE | FOREIGN AFFAIRS
In 2013, the Department of State, Bureau of Overseas Building Operations (OBO) was required to comply with a Presidential mandate to digitize all time system records by January 2014. All OBO staff were required to be able to navigate the system in order to enter their timesheets so managers could approve generate time reports quickly and efficiently.
BE delivered a time entry system with an approval workflow to automate the time-keeping requirements of the mandate. The system also provides reporting capabilities for staff and management to view historical time records for audit and verification purposes. The technology used by BE to develop this solution included:
- SharePoint (SP) Designer 2010
- SP Designer workflows
- Customer SP List Forms
- List item level permissions to meet strict accessibility requirements
- Custom style sheets and ribbon actions for printing
- OBO met the mandate deadline and all compliancy requirements
- Automated submission and approval process
- Eliminated paper timesheets, saving costly printing expenses and reducing paper consumption
- Provides managers and approvers with a central location to manage staff timesheets and search historical data on an electronic archive
- Ability to access and enter timesheets remotely (better accessibility)
- Ability to track staff hours by category (Regular, Holiday, Training, Annual Leave, Sick, LWOP)