Enterprise Messaging System ManagementBE delivers full software development lifecycle support and maintenance for the Department of State’s enterprise messaging system, including automation of standard O&M tasks and development of new web and mobile applications to enable faster and more secure message dissemination to Department of State users around the world.
COLLABORATION & SOCIAL ENTERPRISE | MISSION SYSTEMS | FOREIGN AFFAIRS
The Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) delivers Information Technology (IT) services and solutions to the Department. With an increased mobile messaging presence, there comes the need for rapid and secure message dissemination to meet DoS demands to retain and search communication records.
Under the Vanguard 2.3.2 program, BE supports and maintains Development, Testing, and QA environments, and provides Tier 3 support for production environments designed for High Availability with Cross Enclave capability for the IRM Messages Systems Office (MSO). BE also provides SharePoint services for the IRM Systems & Integration Office (SIO), including scaling the number of SharePoint farms up and out, enhancing data storage capabilities, and automating processes.
- Fast, secure search and retrieval of State Messaging and Archive Retrieval Toolset (SMART) archive messages
- Reduction of 400 hours required to support on-going activities by automating standard operations and maintenance tasks
- Reduction of 5640 work hours by optimizing work load to staff’s work cycles
- New web application to manage tripware activity in short time period in response to findings and initiatives coming after Benghazi event
- Reducing time to create a SharePoint Farm from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 days