Contract Management SystemBE developed a centralized contract management system, using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, to consolidate the collection and management of contract documentation and improve transparency, compliance and resource allocation for the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING | COLLABORATION & SOCIAL ENTERPRISE | FOREIGN AFFAIRS
The Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) Office of the Comptroller (C) is responsible for the oversight of hundreds of contracts and all strategic activities related to budgeting, accounting and resource management for those contracts. CA/C’s existing system presented many challenges:
- Missing or inaccurate contract information
- Limited analytical capabilities – difficult to forecast and report on contract performance
- Difficulty transitioning key personnel in and out
- High duplication of effort across contract personnel
- Inability to properly track unliquidated obligations (ULOs), and
- Prompt payment penalties
With the volume of contract documents increasing each year and the storage of contract information spread across many siloed applications, email folders, hard drives and SharePoint sites, CA/C sought a centralized application to manage contract data.
Leveraging CA/C’s existing IT investments and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, BE developed the Contract Information Management System (CIMS) to help consolidate, automate and streamline CA/C’s contract management process to significantly increase transparency, improve compliance and reduce costs. CIMS is a web-based, complete lifecycle system delivering management oversight into each vital phase of contracting.
- Automates and accelerates the contract management lifecycle
- Minimizes risk enterprise-wide through enhanced internal controls, data integrity, and visibility
- Increases productivity with paperless and automated workflow process
- Eliminates data calls by providing vital information from each unique contract
- Improves reporting and forecasting through customized user dashboards